It was no April Fool’s joke for residents of Luverne, Minnesota. A squirrel chewed through wires at the city’s east substation, causing a massive substation fire and a city wide power outage. (See the video in the KSFY-TV news report here.) According to the report, residents heard the arcing that immediately preceded the outage and witnessed 12-foot-high flames and billowing smoke above the substation. Damage to the substation was reportedly extensive.
- NEWS: CBM to Represent TransGard in Four States
- E-NEWS: TransGard’s Stealthy Advantages … Revealed
- NEWS: First Animal-Caused Outages of 2018 Reported
- VIDEO: Earthquake? Nope … Raccoon.
- NEWS: TransGard Announces “Five Worst” List for 2017
- SPECIAL NOTICE: New TransGard Contact Numbers
- TransGard Featured in Podcast
- VIDEO: Substation Explodes After Squirrel Incursion
- NEWS: TransGard Installs 3,000th Fence
- NEWS: TransGard to Exhibit at ICUEE Oct 3-5