It was no April Fool’s joke for residents of Luverne, Minnesota. A squirrel chewed through wires at the city’s east substation, causing a massive substation fire and a city wide power outage. (See the video in the KSFY-TV news report here.) According to the report, residents heard the arcing that immediately preceded the outage and witnessed 12-foot-high flames and billowing smoke above the substation. Damage to the substation was reportedly extensive.
- UPDATE: New Installation & Maintenance Manual now available
- NEWS: Raccoons — the fastest-growing threat to substations
- NEWS: TransGard to exhibit “most effective barrier” at IEEE T&D EXPO
- TREND REPORT: Urban Animal Outages on the Rise
- NEWS: CBM to Represent TransGard in Four States
- E-NEWS: TransGard’s Stealthy Advantages … Revealed
- NEWS: First Animal-Caused Outages of 2018 Reported
- VIDEO: Earthquake? Nope … Raccoon.
- NEWS: TransGard Announces “Five Worst” List for 2017
- SPECIAL NOTICE: New TransGard Contact Numbers